Digital marketing for home services companies
For the home services industry, the internet has changed how people find them. The home services industry has seen great growth in recent years due to the Internet and is now exploding with new competition each day. While the home services industry is made up of dozens of verticals from HVAC, plumbing, landscaping, remodeling, roofing, electrician, cleaning, and more – the digital challenges business owners in each vertical face show plenty of overlap when it comes to connecting with their customers online.
An effective digital marketing strategy is a must if your company wants to stand out from the competition. To grow your business, it is important to create and maintain a positive customer experience and relationship in the digital age.
How home services companies benefit from digital marketing
Digital marketing plays an essential role for companies in the home service industry. Traditional marketing channels, like direct mail and newspapers, don’t always provide a great return on investment. With digital marketing, it allows you to get in front of your target audience by establishing a presence online where they are searching. By having a strong online presence, it can help you increase your chances of receiving a new customer.
Here are a few results that your company will obtain:
- Personal communication that creates more trust and better customer relationships
- Customized content targeted to a specific audience for more conversions
- Increased quality web traffic and leads
- Increased brand awareness
6 digital marketing strategies for home services companies
1. Local SEO
SEO is important for your customers to find you online. When it comes to the home service industry, local SEO is important as companies in this industry have their target audience in a limited geographical area. A smart way to appear locally is to use Google My Business, it’s free and effective in optimizing local searches. Also, make sure your NAP profile (name, address and phone number) is correct on all platforms that you are on.
SEO helps you generate “free” organic traffic and you do not need to spend money continuously to keep yourself visible as you have to do with PPC ads. Your website will be more competitive and make a more professional impression if you invest in SEO. Make sure your website is optimized for the service areas you cover and that you use your services as keywords to get the right traffic to your website.
2. Content marketing
In order for your website to be relevant and get visitors, you need to create content for your target audience to find you. By working with content marketing you showcase your expertise as well as gain credibility as your visitors will find your content relevant to their problems and challenges. By creating content that is beneficial to your target audience, communication with the customer becomes more personal.
For example, if you run a landscaping company, it is important to customize your services according to the customer and its needs. If you have a newsletter, you can use this to offer customers more relevant information as well as discounts or offers that they may be interested in.
3. Search engine marketing (SEM)
In addition to getting organic traffic through SEO, it can be smart to also invest in SEM to get more visitors to your website through online advertising. If you want fast results, SEM is a great way to get more customers. Statistics show that visitors who come to your website through an ad are more likely to convert than organic traffic. Be sure to use the right keywords when advertising to your target audience.
4. Social media
Use social media to communicate with your followers and customers. On social media, you can show relevant content that is beneficial to your followers while also promoting your brand. However, make sure to not only advertise your services or products but be informative. We recommend the 80/20 social media rule, with 80% being informative posts and the remaining 20% promoting the brand. Social media is a great way to build brand awareness.
5. Customer reviews
Reviews not only have the power to influence a potential customer’s decision but can strengthen a company’s credibility. Ask your customers to submit reviews about your business. They can submit reviews via, for example, Google and social media. Make it as easy as possible for customers to leave a review. If you ask them in an email, make sure you link to the page where they can leave a review.
6. Email marketing
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective channels to attract, engage and retain customers. Keeping your target audience updated with interesting content and giving them special offers increases your chances of them becoming long-term customers. For example, you can send a newsletter to previous customers with a special offer if they sign up for a new service.